United MileagePlus® Explorer Card
"The United MileagePlus® Explorer Card provides a nice signup bonus and a variety of benefits targeted at United travelers."
- Earn 40,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
- The primary cardmember and one companion traveling on the same reservation each receive their first standard checked bag free — on United-operated flights when purchasing tickets with their United MileagePlus Explorer card.
- Earn two miles for each $1 spent on tickets purchased from United and 1 mile per $1 on all other purchases.
- Plus, earn 10,000 bonus miles every calendar year you spend at least $25,000 in net purchases on your card.
- Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance. If your trip is canceled or cut short by sickness, severe weather and other covered situations, you can be reimbursed up to $10,000 per trip for your pre-paid, non-refundable travel expenses, including passenger fares, tours, and hotels.
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement. If you or your immediate family members' checked or carry-on bags are damaged or lost by the carrier, you're covered up to $3,000 per passenger.
- 2 United Club passes each year for your travel.
- A great card for those who want specific travel rewards.
- Signup bonus.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- Network: Visa
- Credit Level: Excellent
- Annual Fee: $95
- Fee Waived 1st Year: No
- Signup Bonus: $500
- Ongoing APR: 16.99% to 23.99%
- Balance Transfer Promo Term: none
- Balance Transfer Fee: 5%
- Purchase Promo Term: none
- Standard Rewards Rate: 1%
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 0%